My name is Max Lang and I’m a Statistics/Computer Science student at LMU Munich. I’m from Germany, living in Munich.
On this page you can find some information about me and a few blog posts I wrote. Most of them are about topics that came up during my studies and I find quite interesting, such as data analysis in R, small programming projects or mathematical proofs. I like to read a lot of books and daily study Chinese/Mandarin, so you might also find some reviews or info about Chinese culture here.
The nerdy/technical posts are listed under posts, my opinion on interesting current events, book reviews or Chinese culture info under notes.
I look forward to receive feedback via Disqus or Github.
The website is built with a simple Hugo Theme, because I would like to improve my R Blogdown Skills by keeping this website up to date.
- 2023/02/15 Generative Classification Models
- 2023/01/18 Random Forests
- 2022/12/11 mlr3 Resampling
- 2022/07/04 Gradient Descent Implementation in R
- 2022/04/03 Portfolio Analysis made easy with R Shiny
- 2021/12/21 Why Fibonacci Numbers should be your favourite numbers
- 2021/12/19 Generating random variables
- 2021/10/25 Probabilities in Squid Game's Bridge Game- Binomial Distribution
- 2021/09/22 Full Financial Dashboard
- 2021/09/16 Crypto dashboard - speedrun
- 2021/05/14 Bob Ross' Paintings - Data Analysis in R (Tidy Tuesday)
- 2021/05/12 Brain Tumor MRI Image Data (EDA) - Python
- 2021/04/25 HTH vs. HTT - The attempt of an explanation
- 2021/04/16 Sieve of Eratosthenes in R and Python
- 2021/03/28 Mall Customer Segmentation - Machine Learning in R
- 2021/03/27 Risks and Returns Sharpe Ratio - Python Stock Data Analysis
- 2021/03/24 Exploring the Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Market - Python Data Analysis
- 2021/03/23 John Snow's Ghost Map - Python Data Analysis
- 2021/03/21 Volatility of US Bond Yields
- 2021/03/14 Basic Descriptive Statistics in Python (Wisconsin Breast Cancer Dataset)
- 2021/02/28 UNIMUC - A Discord bot for LMU Students
- 2021/01/27 More transportation methods, more passengers, less CO2?
- 2021/01/19 "Palestine and the Right to movement Initiative" - An Interview with George Zeidan.
- 2021/01/14 Epsilon Delta Proof (continuity)
- 2021/01/04 Burgernomics - The BigMac Index in R (Tidy Tuesday)
- 2021/01/01 New year. First Blog.
- 2021/01/01 Wilson's Theorem (Proof)
- 2021/01/01 笛子 - Enjoy it.